Event booking in 2019 will be very similar to 2018. We’ll update this page with any changes in the run up to online booking opening on Friday 24th May 2019 at 20:00.
2018’s event booking information is below as a reference.
What kind of events do you have?
Over the weekend we have a number of scheduled events –
- 5 time slots (3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday) of roleplaying games covering over 25 different RPGs including Dungeons & Dragons Adventurers League games.
- We have board game and card game tournaments happening throughout the weekend.
- We also have seminars and live events happening too.
We also have a variety of other things happening throughout the weekend thanks to the HABA Family Zone, Asmodee UK Demo Zone, Playtest Zone, Gateway Zone and of course with our Exhibitors.
When can I book them?
- Online event event bookings opened on Wednesday 30th May at 20:00 and closed on Friday 24th August at 20:00.
- On the day event booking can be done in the hour prior to the event starting.
What do I need to be able to book them online?
- You need to have a convention ticket.
- You need to know your user name and password (which is sent to you when you buy your ticket). If you need us to remind you of that or to reset your password let us know.
- For some events we ask for more information –
- D&D games –
- We will ask where you currently play Adventurers League if you already do.
- Also worth noting that the D&D Adventurers League adventures may not be 100% confirmed by the time event booking goes live. If we have to change the games planned we will notify you before changing your booking.
- Catan UK National Qualifier requires you to be a UK citizen and aged 18+ at the time of the tournament. We ask that you confirm that to be true at time of booking. We may require identification as proof on the day.
- For Pandemic: Survival –
- You cannot enter if you have WON a Pandemic: Survival event for the 2019 UK Nationals.
- This is an event for teams of 2. If you cannot find a partner you can still register and we will try to find another player for you. If we cannot find another player then your booking will be cancelled.
- A minimum of 6 teams must take part for this event to be recognised as a qualifier for the 2019 UK Nationals.
Will they cost me more money?
- No. All events are included in your convention ticket price.
Not even the Catan UK National Qualifier?
- Correct. We have opted not to charge for this event.
What else do I need to keep in mind?
- Most tournaments are scheduled to start at 10am with some form of registration happening before that time. Please ensure you are at the convention early enough to participate. If you are late there is no guarantee that you will be able to play.
- Schedules are flexible and may run longer or shorter than advertised depending on how the tournament is going. If an event is scheduled to occur after another event then the start time for that event may be later than advertised.
- Some events may need to be moved from their planned location within the venue. If that occurs we will update the event as early as we can.
So after the 30th May I can book whatever I like?
- Wellllll, kinda. There are some caveats to this and mostly that’s down to how the website works.
- When you book an event it will be classed as Pending and you will receive an email telling you that.
Online Event Booking ceased at 20:00 on Friday 24th August. This was to enable us to validate all event bookings and print them ready for the 1st of September.
What happens next is –
- We check that if you’ve booked more than 1 space that you have more than 1 ticket. We have to do this manually. Something we’re looking at automating but not expecting that to happen this year.
So if you’ve bought 1 convention ticket please don’t book seats for friends. If they have tickets then they should book their own seats. If they don’t have tickets then they should buy them and then book their seats.
If you have bought more than 1 convention ticket then to book seats for friends please include their name in your booking information so that we know who they are.
- The Pandemic: Survival event, where it is teams of two, is the only exception to 1. above where we will accept attendees booking for other people who have also bought tickets. When you include their name we will verify with BOTH attendees.
- We validate that you don’t already have an event booked for the named player in the same time slot. We have to do this manually. Something we’re looking at automating but not expecting that to happen this year.
- Events will only be classed as confirmed once all validation steps above have been completed. Any booking that has been classed as pending for more than 7 days from the point at which we contact you will be cancelled.
Please don’t double book slots or book on behalf of people who have bought their own tickets. That just causes administrative delays and slows down your event booking confirmations.
Your event bookings are only Confirmed when you receive an email saying they are Confirmed.
What if I need to cancel an event booking?
- You can manage your event bookings via the My Events page.