Do you have a design simmering away?
Eager to share your genre shattering ideas with the public?
Then look no further than the Playtest Zone at Tabletop Scotland!
Playtesting is an important stage of game development and getting as many eyes as possible on your design is paramount in making sure it is the best it can be.
In the Tabletop Scotland Playtest Zone we will keep your table as busy as you like, and you will get opinions on your designs from a diverse group of attendees.
We welcome designers of all abilities and games at any stage of design. We don’t mind if your game is written out on post-its or a finely polished prototype we will find players and space for you.
The Playtest Zone can also supply you with anything you might need for your game including feedback forms, counters, dice, water and a friendly atmosphere.
Things you need to know about Playtesting your game at Tabletop Scotland
- You’re going to need to buy a convention ticket for the day or days you plan on attending.
- You’re going to need to book a playtest slot.
- These come in 2 forms –
- A 90 minute slot or
- A 3 hour slot
During this slot you have access to a 6ft by 2.5ft table and 6 chairs
- Slots are booked using the following Google Form
- 90 minute slots are free.
- 3 hour slots require a small contribution to the convention’s chosen charity – https://www.sponsorme.co.uk/davidwright-(1)/tabletop-scotland.aspx
- There is a 15 minute gap between slots. This is for
- 5 minute set up before your slot starts and
- 5 minute tidy up after your slot finishes and
- 5 minute buffer
- Our playtest coordinator team will monitor this.
- You will only be permitted to book 1 slot of either 3 hours or 90 minute duration. Should slots remain available 8 weeks prior to the convention start date you will be contacted to see if you want more slots.
- These come in 2 forms –
- You are welcome to offer to demo your game elsewhere within the convention but
- The only space you are permitted to record feedback from attendees is as part of a playtest slot
- No flyers or other materials may be displayed except as part of a playtest slot
- As with other attendees you agree to abide with our
What about the Playtesters?
- Approximately 8 weeks prior to the convention we will publish the Playtest schedule on the website and announce it on Facebook & Twitter.
- Playtest sessions will not be added as individual events on the Convention Event Schedule however the finalised schedule (as at 8 weeks prior to the convention) will be included in the convention booklet given to all attendees.