The following terms and conditions apply to everyone attending Tabletop Scotland as a private individual rather than as a trader, exhibitor, volunteer or a member of staff at a venue in which Tabletop Scotland is taking place.
INTERPRETATION AND GENERAL
1) Tabletop Scotland (the “Event”) is a gaming convention for both dedicated hobby gamers and the wider public. The Event is organised by Tabletop Scotland Ltd (the “Company”).
2) The Event takes place in The Dewars Centre, Perth, PH2 0TH (the “Venue”).
3) For the purpose of these terms and conditions, references to the “Event” are for the iteration of the particular Event the individual buys tickets for and/or attends.
4) Anyone attending the Event, or ordering tickets for the Event in advance with the intention of attending, who is not acting as a trader, exhibitor or volunteer, but is attending as a private individual (an “Attendee”) undertakes to act in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Every Attendee will:
a. Follow any instructions and comply with any reasonable requests made to the Attendee in advance of or during the Event by the Company or anyone acting as a Volunteer at the Event.
b. Follow and act in accordance with any terms and conditions laid down by the management or staff of the Venue to the extent that they are communicated to the Attendee either prior to or during the Event; and
c. comply with any reasonable instructions given to the Attendee by the management or staff of the Venue either prior to or during the Event as though any such terms and conditions or instructions were incorporated into these terms and conditions.
5) These terms and conditions shall be subject to Scots Law.
6) All matters and questions not covered by these terms are subject to the decision of the Company. Attendees agree to abide by and conform to all additional rules and regulations from time to time adopted or prescribed by the Company for the management of the Event to the extent that such rules and regulations are shown or explained to the Attendees.
PURCHASE OF TICKETS AND REFUNDS
7) Everyone wishing to access the areas of the Venue in which the Event is being held must have a valid ticket.
a. There are two types of ticket –
i. Tickets to enter the Venue and gain access to the Event including the trade and exhibitor space, open gaming space and public areas (“Entrance Tickets”); and
ii. Tickets to take part in individual competitions or roleplaying games (“Event Tickets”).
b. Tickets may either be purchased online in advance of the Event, or else bought at the registration desk. For online purchases payment must be made by PayPal. At the registration desk payment may be made by cash or PayPal.
c. Full Weekend Entrance Tickets can only be purchased online ahead of the convention or at the registration desk on the Saturday. Full Weekend Entrance Tickets cannot be purchased on the Sunday.
d. All tickets (including those purchased online in advance) will be issued to the Attendee on the first day that the Attendee comes to the Event. When collecting pre-booked tickets an Attendee should give the name of the person in whose name the booking was made and who paid for the tickets.
e. If an Attendee buys Entrance or Event Tickets online, but then discovers that they will be unable to attend, a refund of the purchase price may be obtained by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a cancellation provided that the e-mail is received by midnight on Friday 2nd October 2020.
f. Whilst every effort will be made to respond swiftly to refund requests, please allow up to 28 days for a refund to be actioned.
g. If an Attendee has purchased an Event Ticket, but is then unable to participate in the competition or roleplaying game for which the Event Ticket was purchased, they may present the Event Ticket to the customer service desk and request a refund.
h. Refunds will only be made if the customer service desk manager in their absolute discretion considers that there is a reasonable chance that either the Entrance or the Event Ticket could be re-sold. Therefore, requests for a refund of either Entrance or Event Tickets made within four hours of the Event start time are unlikely to be met.
i. Under no circumstances will refunds of either Entrance Tickets or Event Tickets be made if the request for the refund is not made until after the Event has ended for that year.
ADMITTANCE TO THE EVENT
8) Every Attendee must have an Entrance Ticket for each day that they wish to attend. This is in addition to any Event Tickets that the Attendee may buy in order to take part in role-playing games or participate in competitions
9) All children under the age of 16 years old are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian who has a valid Entrance Ticket, will remain with the child during the Event and will be responsible for ensuring both the safety of the child and that the child complies with these terms and conditions.
a. Tickets for children of all ages must be ordered at the time of the parent or guardian ordering their ticket(s).
b. Tickets for children under 10 years old will be free of charge, but must still be ordered with the parent or guardian ticket(s).
c. Tickets for young adults between 11 and 15 years old will be available at a concessionary price and must be ordered with the parent or guardian ticket(s).
10) Entrance tickets must be placed in the holder and worn on the lanyard provided in clear sight throughout the time that the Attendee is at the Event.
11) The Event will be open during the following hours:
a. Saturday 10th October 2020
i. The Event will open at 9.00am and will close at 11.00pm – All Attendees are required to leave the Venue promptly, taking all of their personal belongings with them.
ii. Exhibitors will be trading between 9.00am and 6.00pm
b. Sunday 11th October 2020
i. The Event will open at 9.00am and will close at 6.00pm – All Attendees are required to leave the Venue promptly, taking all of their personal belongings with them.
ii. Exhibitors will be trading between 9.00am and 5.00pm
12) A games library will be provided onsite from which Attendees may borrow games to play whilst at the Event. A small cash deposit will be required before the first game is borrowed and the Attendee will be responsible for any damage to the game whilst in their possession.
Full details of the process for using the games library will be posted on the website www.tabletopscotland.co.uk.
13) Outside the trading hours it will still be possible to take part in other activities at the Venue including taking part in role playing games or other events (for which an Event Ticket is needed), using the open gaming space and borrowing games from the games library.
14) The Event ends at 6.00pm on Sunday 11th October 2020. All Attendees are required to leave the Venue promptly, taking all of their personal belongings with them.
15) The Event attracts a wide range of Attendees of all ages and the Company aims to provide a safe environment in which all Attendees as well as those attending as Exhibitors, Volunteers, or Venue staff may enjoy the opportunity to see, play and buy the widest range of games.
16) In order to ensure that this environment is maintained all Attendees are required to behave in a manner which is respectful to others and is suitable for a situation in which children will be present. The Company have put in place a Code Of Conduct to promote this environment which all Attendees must adhere to, the full text of which can be found on the website www.tabletopscotland.co.uk.
17) All Attendees will have access to the public bar and cafeteria areas of the Venue where hot and cold food as well as alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be available. Some vending machines will also be available. Only food and beverages purchased in the Venue may be consumed on the premises and absolutely no food and drink should be brought in from outwith the Venue for consumption. Full details of this can be found in the Food & Drink Policy.
18) Exhibitors are required to ensure that any material displayed or activities undertaken on their stands are appropriate. Similarly, all Attendees should ensure that any costumes that they wear, items that they bring to and use during the Event, and the way in which they behave is appropriate. If any Attendee becomes aware of any material or activities that they do not consider appropriate they should in the first instance report their concerns to Company representatives on the customer service desk who will then arrange for any necessary actions to be taken.
19) If the Company, in its absolute discretion, consider that any Attendee has materials with them or is acting in a way which;
a. poses risks to the health and safety of others attending the Event; and/or
b. contravene the Code Of Conduct of the Event as appropriate; and/or
c. may cause damage to the structure or any part of the fabric of the Venue; and/or
d. are likely to cause offence or distress to others attending the Event; and/or
e. are unsuitable for an Event aimed at a family audience and attended by small children,
f. The Company and/or Venue staff will request the Attendee to cease any such activities and remove any offending items from the Venue.
20) If an Attendee fails to cease any such activities or remove any such offending items when requested to do so the Company may take whatever action they deem appropriate up to and including ejecting the Attendee from the Event.
21) The Company reserve the right to refuse admission to any Attendee if they in their absolute discretion decide the Attendee is inappropriately clothed or attempting to use materials or perform actions of a dangerous or objectionable nature.
22) Any Attendee who is uncertain as to the appropriateness or acceptability of any costume, materials or activities should discuss his or her concerns with the Company in advance of the Event.
FORCE MAJEURE AND OTHER CANCELLATION OF THE EVENT
23) The Company reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time if they deem this necessary, including if the Event is interrupted and/or discontinued, or access to the Venue is prevented or interfered with by reason of any industrial dispute, act of war, civil disturbance, terrorist action, act of God, or instruction from the police, the local authority or any other governmental agency, or if the Venue is damaged whether maliciously or by accident or the management of the Venue are unable to provide the expected facilities.
In the event of such cancellation, the liability of the Company shall be limited to refunding any fees paid by an Attendee in advance of the Event subject to a pro-rata reduction for that portion of the anticipated time for which the Event was scheduled to run which in fact fell before any such cancellation.