Tabletop Scotland is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Tabletop Scotland may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 1st October 2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name, address and post code
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to the services we are offering
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- record keeping
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- if you sign up for the Mailchimp newsletter then we may periodically send you promotional emails about our services and products which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- from time to time, we may also use your email to contact you for other purposes directly related to Tabletop Scotland’s products and services. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic safeguards to secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Services this website uses include –
- PayPal for payment processing
- Mailchimp for newsletter
- WordPress for website provision
WordPress Add-ons that we use which may collect your information.
- We collect and store information you submit to us when making an event booking, for the purpose of reserving your requested spaces at our events and maintaining a record of attendance.
- We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
- When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number and account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
Send you information about your account and order
Respond to your requests, including refunds
Process payments and prevent fraud
Set up your account for our website
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
- We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
Who has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us via our website to enable us to support you with your queries.
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing information.
What we share with others
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
At Tabletop Scotland events photographs will be taken either by the convention team, those acting on behalf of the convention team, press or other attendees.
We ask at all times, as per our Code Of Conduct, that those taking photographs respect the privacy of the individuals in the photograph.
Controlling your personal information
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
- We will retain your personal information for a maximum of 6 years plus the year your information was submitted to us. Once that period expires we will delete that data.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect, incomplete or you wish us to remove it please contact us via email at email@example.com